Tips On....Interview Preparation
TEN Tips on Interview Preparation
1. Dress appropriately for your interview. First impressions are the most important of any interview. Best to over dress than under. Should you have any questions speak to your consultant prior to your interview.
2. Research the company you’re interviewing with thoroughly, website, LinkedIn etc. Also try and get a job description to study before your interview.
3. Arrive at least 10 / 15 minutes before your interview is due to begin.
4. Always be courteous and polite to the receptionist and other office staff you meet. 9 times out of 10 they will be asked how you approached the office and your communication with them.
5. If you smoke, do not smoke before your interview. If you feel the need to do so, please ensure this is at least 30 minutes prior. Also take some chewing gum (dispose of correctly before your interview) or mouth wash and some aftershave or perfume.
6. Make sure you have the correct address and interviewer details before you leave home.
7. Take a copy of your resume with you and ensure you know everything on your resume in detail, this way you’ll be able to give precise and quick responses to questions asked.
8. Take a list questions with you, you’re interviewing them as much as they’re interviewing you.
9. Always have a firm handshake and look people in the eye when answering or speaking to them. When leaving the interview thank everyone individually for their time and say goodbye to the receptionist.
10. Try not to discuss salary packages in the interview, your consultant is trained to get the best possible package for you.