Tips On....Writing a Covering Letter
TEN Tips on Writing a Covering Letter
1. Explore and review various cover letter examples available on the interview and chose which one suits your needs the best.
2. Go into more precise detail than your resume – Do not be afraid to throw in some stats and figures for your precious experience.
3. Customise your covering letter for each individual application.
4. Do not point out if your missing some experience but point out your positives.
5. Try and personalise the letter to a person and try not to address such as “to whom may concern”.
6. Try to be yourself in your letter and try to reduce the formality.
7, Edit your covering letter for each application, no job is the same so take time to write one for each application.
8. Showcase your previous achievements rather than your education and qualifications.
9. Don’t be afraid to throw in some testimonials and recommendations.
10. Make sure all your contact details are on your covering letter as well as your resume.